Posted on December 20 2022
Tesla is now using its Semi trucks for deliveries in California, with the first batch being delivered to PepsiCo. These electric semi-trucks have a range of 500 miles per charge and were previously advertised at a price of $180,000 for the long range model. In addition to this, the Semi qualifies for a $40,000 federal tax credit and state electric vehicle incentives.
Here are some key points about the Tesla Semi:
- It has a range of 500 miles per charge with a full load
- Its exact pricing has not been announced, but it was previously advertised at $180,000 for the long range model
- It qualifies for a $40,000 federal tax credit and state electric vehicle incentives
- It makes a distinctive high-pitched noise due to its 1,020 horsepower three-motor drivetrain, which is the same as the one used in the Tesla Model S Plaid sport sedan
- The company expects to receive 36 trucks by the end of the year, which will be split between its Sacramento Pepsi plant and Modesto Frito-Lay facility.
Overall, the Tesla Semi is an exciting addition to the electric vehicle market and is sure to make a big impact in the world of trucking. Its impressive range and incentives make it a competitive choice for companies looking to switch to electric transportation.